Webservices Centre Of Excellence
"Web Services" refers to loosely coupled, executable application components
linked dynamically over the network with open standards. Typically, Web Services
solutions make use of software components that employ one or a combination of
the following XML standards - SOAP, WSDL or UDDI.
At Mifi, our Web Services solutions solve many, often-recurring, business
processes; from delivering information between applications within disparate
environments to enabling the cost-effective reuse of existing technology
E-business solutions require the ability to efficiently deliver maximum
performance to a highly variable number of users. In the world of cost
reductions, building significant excess capacity into the infrastructure is not
an option; capacity needs to continuously adjust to the volume. Mifi does
just that. Minimizing the cost associated with managing these environments is
one of our top priorities.
Our ebusiness solutions leverage those platforms and enable those tools that
are easy to deploy, have the ability to automatically add capacity as needed and
deliver low cost of ownership through an integrated management framework.
Web Services solutions and ebusiness solutions emerge as catalysts for
Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA), the next generation architectural model
that extends the flexibility and reach of existing IT infrastructure in
enterprises. SOA brings many organizational benefits, including:
In addition to
the above, Web Services provides certain advantages owing to standardization and
virtualization. Key advantages include:
- Flexibility on account of separation of interfaces and implementations,
enhanced reuse in terms of shared services across multiple applications,
business models, geographies etc.
- Interoperability leading to automation of application to application
- Preservation of investment in legacy
- Control in the hands of business stakeholders instead of IT stakeholders,
due to contractual interfaces of IT implementations.
about Mifi' capabilities within Web Services, in the following areas:
Mifi' viewpoint on Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Cost-effective integration of applications as compared to conventional EAI
- Platform neutrality and agnosticism makes them the ideal choice for
solutions involving data and information aggregation from heterogeneous sources
- Enablement of cross-enterprise business processes
- Forming the basis for futuristic enterprise IT trends like grid computing,
pervasive computing and Business Process Management (BPM).